brine shrimp hatchery questions?

@

i just hatched laot of brine shrimp. my question is how long does it take for them to grow to a resonable size. also what do i feed them? and how do i feed them(just drop it in). thanks for the replies.

rockster

They grow pretty quickly. Feed them with baker's yeast that you can buy at your local supermarket. Dissolve about a pinch in lukewarm water (tap), then pour it in the hatchery. The water will become turbid but do not worry, in a day or so, it will clear up...the nauplii had consumed the yeast! Feed as soon as water clears. Make sure you maitain the temp at around 82 degrees, and briskly aerated water. In about a week, they will be about the size of a sesame seed. When you're ready to feed them to your fishies you can enrich them with zoe. Good luck ;)

You can also feed them any filter feeder food you may be adding to your reef tank already. This also increases the nutritional benefit of the shrimp if you feed them 15 minutes or so before feeding to your fish.I usually start feeding at about 10 days. HTH