bristal worms

nicky1.8t

ok i assume these are bristal worms in my tank , but my question is a very debated topic so i dont want to search , i want up todate info on these guys, ok first off if u have a good pic of them can u please post it , and second should i try to get rid of them or should i keep them i know some say keep some say get rid of them, so please enlighten me with the pros and cons

justinx

I do not know of one con against bristle worms, unless they are huge. But they are one of the best detrivores in a marine tank.
1. They are free.
2. They are free.
3. They eat dead/dying/decaying thinsgs
4. They clean fish waste
5. They readily procreate in a closed environment.
6. They stir the sand bed.
7. They are free.
Leave em' in . . . and dont touch them. They dont call them fire worms for nuthin'

like I said in another post, it can probrably eat a dog.........no actually I here they are very beneficial to your tank.........but IMO only in small numbers, they're like rabbits

nm reef

For the most part they are considered beneficial to a reef system. They consume waste...turn the sand bed over a bit and are in general a indication of a healthy system. There are cases where they've become problematic...but as a rule they are good to have.
Here is a link with additional info...Info on bristleworms