bristle worm questions pls help

ou_snr_fn

do bristle worms get big enough to eat snails?? :notsure: i have seen these worms that look like a bristle worm only gray that are about 8 inches long or so. When feeding my tank i saw one take a couple of shrimp pellets back into the rock with him. And yesterday i happened to be walkin by my tank and seen him make 3 attempts at getting a snail close to the rock he was in.
he finally succeeded
so i got out a set of tongs and tried to grab the little snail thief but the damn thing got back up into the rock.
so my question is i guess is this a bristle worm
and will they get big enough to eat my snails :notsure: and how do i get rid of em? :notsure: sry i have no pic the best i can describe this worm is that it looks like a centipede and is about as big around as a pencil , gray with a mouth at the end of his body

fishieness

it is hard to tell your exact species because there are literaly thousands of types of bristleworms. obviously, if you saw yours eat a snail, you have one of the very few that will have to prey upon things in your tank. They make traps if you want to catch him.