Broke my New R/O unit

So I just got a Coralife Pure-Flo II from my LFS. I set it all up and turned on the water, things seemed to be working except for there was a leak in the fitting connecting faucet to the tube going to the unit. I went to tighten it more and I stripped the threads on the plastic fitting.
Now it leaks a heck of alot more. What should I do?

veni vidi vici

Try teflon tape,and make sure you dont get tape to close to the end.Loose piece of teflon tape inside of RO unit cant be good.

ameno

you can probably go to lowes or HD and by a fitting to work, I did that with my unit for an outside facet connection. Usually teflon tape dosen't seal very good on plastic threads under pressure. just went thru that on a new house addition, If you cant find a new connection and this is a perminent connection Lowes carries a plumbers type putty thats in a yellow tube, not sure the name of it, it's higher price then the rest that they have, but seals great.

sign guy

to add to what ameno said I would get a brass fittting the nylon ones allways strip out after a litte time

nietzsche

its leaking where the faucet is? if it is, mine was doing it too, but i noticed i was missing one of those o-rings (i think thats what theyre called), i got one and it stopped the leaking.. so maybe youre missing one?