broken birds nest

242bats

i just got a frag birds nest that is about 2" tall. i put it in a hole in a small rock and set it on the rocks in the tank. about 30min later i went to look and something had pushed it over, breaking it . will the two pieces make it and what should i do with the top part of the broken piece, should i just set it in a hole or glue it to something.

scopus tang

Originally Posted by 242bats
http:///forum/post/3160335
i just got a frag birds nest that is about 2" tall. i put it in a hole in a small rock and set it on the rocks in the tank. about 30min later i went to look and something had pushed it over, breaking it . will the two pieces make it and what should i do with the top part of the broken piece, should i just set it in a hole or glue it to something.

So long as the light and water parameters are good, both portions should be fine. You should however glue (superglue gel) both portions to something solid, so you avoid these types of mishaps in the future.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
It is basically fragged now, and hopefully will turn in to two great corals. Set the fragment in to some hobby putty and mount it in a good location on your LR.

spanko

Or use some Super Glue Gel to mount the pcs. where you want them. Don't stand the frags upright. Lay them down as this will expose more corallites to the light and cause some branches to develop.

242bats

thanks guys i only had it for about three weeks and could already see growth, but if i can now have two, thats cool

the bottom peace is glued to a hard plug that it came on and not easy to work with, but the "new" frag was very easy to work with, i glued it to a heavy peace of rock and wedged it in a good spot with good light and flow. the plug peace is just in the bottom of the tank in the center.
agan thanks guy for the help
p.s. i guese i made my first frag today

242bats

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3160579
Or use some Super Glue Gel to mount the pcs. where you want them. Don't stand the frags upright. Lay them down as this will expose more corallites to the light and cause some branches to develop.
can you use the gel in the tank, under water???

242bats

thanks guys for the help

looks like both "frags" are going to make it
you can see growth
pics will come after lighing is back on
thanks agan

242bats

thanks to all of you for the help on fraging tips. thay both are doing very good, sorry out so long but work is very crazy right now. but i am here and have a pic of the bigger piece you can see alot of change