Broken Fin on Lion Fish

sprieto

So I transferred a V. Lion from a 60 gallon to a 90 gallon.
I used a net to lure him into a collection cup and dripped him.
I noticed later he had a broken / damaged fin (on the lion main), not on top.
I thought he might have already had it (I have had him since he was smaller than a inch and now he is at least six inchs), so I didn't pay much attention.
It has been about 8 weeks since he was moved and now the broken (folded over) part of the fin has turned very red.
Is this bad?
Is he really hurt, or could he be poisening the tank?
Suggestions and opinions are appriciated.
Thank you.

toughguy80

I'm really not sure. You might want to also try posting in the disease and treatment forum. I hope everything turns out ok.

gamedawg

My lion gets a broken fin once in a while. The top fins and a couple on the very bottom of him are the only venomous ones. The side ones are not. The broken peice will slowly turn red, die, and rip off, and everything will be fine on him. As long as your water is good, he will be okay.

lion_crazz

Yep, I agree. My lion has experienced the same thing once. Actually, it was when I first got the lion. I thought nothing of it and it proved to be nothing as I suspected as it grew back within no time. It seems yours is taking a little while though. If I were you, I might think of supplementing the lion's food with Vitamin C. Vitman C helps with fin regeneration. Vitamin C is sold as a liquid by Kent Marine.