Brooklynella.......I searched already

zsalinas

My clown fish kind of have a white slimy lookin film on the top of their heads. It's not all over or anything. They're still swimming and eating. Is it possible that this is the beginning stages of brook? My ebili angel died the other day and I don't know why. He just stopped eating and wasn't active at all. Could that also have been brook? I'm at work so I can't post a picture yet. Please help. Thanks in advance

zsalinas

Oh yeah I looked at the picture in the disease thread and it's not all over like that. It's just on the tops of their heads. It doesn't look like it's spreading.....yet. Please let me know thanks.

lion_crazz

How long have you had the clown?
What are your water levels? (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, kH, salinity, temp.)

zsalinas

I've had the clown since probably Dec. or Jan. They were my first fish. My levels are good I had them tested right after my angel died on wednesday I think. I have no clue why the angel died. I don't know if what he had, could get off onto the clowns. Is brook contagious?

zsalinas

ok I just got home and one of my clowns look like he is shedding some of that white film stuff. Is this a sign of brooklynella? Thanks

lion_crazz

It sounds like it could possibilty be brooklynella. Do you have any pictures?
If it is brooklynella, formalin bathes is the treatment for brooklynella, and the directions are located in the FAQ Thread, also at the top of this forum.