Brown carpet algae making bubbles?

cocoacf

I've got this brown algae on my sandbed and it's starting to get on my LR.. I don't know what it is and I can't get rid of it! I even took it all out of the tank that I could see and it came back the next day. It makes patches and darkens over time. It makes bubbles and then the bubbles try to rise up so they rip the clumps and pull it up but can't rip it off completely.
When the lights first turn on it's really stringy and flows around on the sandbed, but after awhile the stringiness disappears...but comes back the next day.
Can any body tell me what this is and how to get rid of it??

Thanks

Does it look like this? If so, I'd say you have dinoflagellates. The fact that you said it is stringy makes me think you have dino.

xcali1985

Had this problem a while ago was green pigmentation though, best way i fought it was a heavy gravel vac, carbon, filter floss inside a micron sock over a powerhead, and reduced lighting to 5 hours a day.
Knocked it out in about 2 weeks and never returned, didn't hurt any corals. During the process make sure anything you wipe down you rinse it off in the sink dont release it into the tank. This exports the nutrients from the water instead of letting the algae break it all back down.

cocoacf

It's stringy, but the tips don't have bubbles like that picture. The only bubbles are on the patches of algae. The strings are very long, very thin, and go away after the lights have been on for awhile.