BTA problems

I seem to be having a slight problem with my BTA. Started as a single medium to small size fella about 1.5 years ago. About 9 months or so ago, it split. I wanted to remove one of them and take to the LFS, but they were each attached in hard to reach areas. About 3 months ago, the original split again. Again wanted to remove one or two of them because more than one in my 90 reef I think is too many. Yesterday, the darned thing split AGAIN! Now I have 3 more than I want or have room for. What's even worse is that it appears that there is another one looking like a split is coming. They are all staying in the same general location as the original, moving only a few inches in any direction. I guess they like the area. How on earth am I going to remove the extras without killing them or causing a landslide in the reef? Their foot (s) is way up in crevices which is unreachable. The rocks they are on are really quite large and removing them could only be accomplished through total reconstruction of the aquascape. Any way to get them out or to at least quit multiplying?

Yep...I know. :(
I hesitate to do that and leave it as a last resort because it will mean totally redoing my reef. Naturally, the rocks they are on are large and close to the bottom and support many other rocks. It may come to that, but was hoping there would be an easier solution. :confused:
I'd be forever grateful if anybody knows a way to resolve this problem WITHOUT having to break down and re-do the reef. Breaking down a reef is labor and time intensive and gee I hate to muck up a system that is working really well.

spsfreak100

Sounds like you've had some very good success :)
I've often heard of people freezing some RO/DI water, and once fully frozen, rubbing the ice on the anemones foot. It should contract from the cold and let go of the rockwork.
Graham

Originally posted by SPSfreak100
Sounds like you've had some very good success :)
I've often heard of people freezing some RO/DI water, and once fully frozen, rubbing the ice on the anemones foot. It should contract from the cold and let go of the rockwork.
Graham

I was excited the first time, but now it is a bit annoying. There are just too many of them for my 90.
Hmmm....sounds like it might be worth a try. How exactly does one get the frozen water to the spot? I'm trying really hard to avoid breaking down my tank in order to get these fellas out and into the hands of someone who wants them. The rocks are in there tight and removing one of them will cause a landslide.
Thanks for your suggestion! It is appreciated!

spsfreak100

Originally posted by PhoenixRising
How exactly does one get the frozen water to the spot?

Once in the "ice cube" form, you could rub the foot of the anemone with the ice, using your hand. I wouldn't know any other way of doing it, although in your case, it sounds like reaching your hands through the rockwork may not be the easiest thing to do.
Graham

That could be a double edged sword. On one hand, they may move to a more accessible location. On the other hand, the tank is pretty crowded and the darned things may just move enough to really annoy the rest of my peaceful tank.
Free BTA (s) to whoever wants one and lives closeby that can remove it/them without destroying the reef. They are super looking with good color and good appetites!

Originally posted by waterfaller1
I live in the USA too,is that close enough??:D

:D :D
Sure! You're just down the freeway from me! A Loooooong way down the freeway! :D

Originally posted by ozadars
I live iin Turkey, can u send one to me? ;)

I'm going back to England next month. That's as close to Turkey as I'll probably ever get, and that isn't very close!