BTA Sick, I think

edpete97

Had a BTA about three weeks (from SWF.) Had been doing great, blown up HUGE (thanks SWF for such a big one!). Normal cycle of closed up at night and blown up during the day. Planted itself in the first 24 hours. I have a Sunpod (two 150W MH, 14k). Three days ago, it moved into a small cave I made and is only minimally inflated but mostly shrivled and not fully inflated in 3 or so days now. It is still dark green in color, foot tanish. Clown is still actively hosting it, even though there isn't much there to host. It's kinda sad really. I fed it tonight, it ate. I had to move a bunch of rocks to get at it, but I did it. I'm feeding about half a piece of krill 3 times a week. Did I say my tank is 90gal? Parameters are normal. Ph is 8.2, SG 1.024, 0 Am, 0 N'rites, 5 N'rates. Temp steady around 76. Lighting is on 8 hours/day. My other issue, when I try to feed the BTA, my cleaner shrimp, and my CB Shrimp for that matter, gang rush the BTA and steal it's food. I'm going crazy with this! I would really appreciate and advice.
Erik

I would just let the BTA be itself for a bit. You have to be patient with them. As far as feeding, I have the same problem with my super nassarius snails stealing food from my green star. I usually distract them by placing a small bit of shrimp in a snail shell and placing it somewhere in the tank. When they swarm on the shell, I am free to feed the star.