Bubble Alage

coral boy

I'm not sure if thats waht i have there is only one bubble and it is the size of a quater. If it's not bubble what could it be by the way it is green

jonthefb

sounds like bubble algae to me
be careful not to pop th ebubble or else you can release thousands of littel spores into the water causing a horrible bloom. id reccommend getting an emerald crab, or if its localized right not po the bubble underwater undera siphon tube and vacume all the junk and excess tissue out of the water.. or just leaveit alone. a couple of them in a tank can be kinda attractive!
good luck
jon

seaham358

I'm not an expert but I had 3 of them. Round and dark green. I let them grow till they were a little bigger then a pea and then I pulled them off the LR carefully so they didn't break. I have read that if they pop they could spread all over the tank. Take it out.

nm reef

I've been fighting the dang stuff for months...take my word for it remove it carefully without letting it burst. That is "if" its bubble algae. Check this link for information and ID help. Mine started as a single bubble....and now I've removed a bunch by hand several times...plus I keep a few emeralds to munch the young tender ones. They can grow to plague porportions if not kept under control. I think I'm actually gaining the upper hand...they are not as numerous as they once were....:cool: