bubble algea

sidos

i noticed about a week ago one bubble of bubble algea in my tank. i have one large emerald crab in my tank and he hasn't shown any intrest in removing it. what are some ways to get this taken care of before it becomes a problem?

miaheatlvr

I have 4 emeralds in my tan and THEY DO NOT TOUCH my bubble alage, so i rolled up my sleeve and got my arms wet and was careful and twisted them off one by one, it took and hour!

sidos

since the rock was on top i decided to take the rock out andcarefuly pulled it off, hopefuly i don't see any more

dragonzim

I'm in the same boat right now. I noticed 3 large bubbles on one of my rocks a few days ago. Unfortunately its on my largest rock, which is at the base of all of my live rock. Gonna be a real pain if I have to take it out to get it off....

hatessushi

I think that they may not be eating the bubble algea if there is other stuff on the rocks that they like better. I have read about others not having the problem and their bubble algea is all gone.
I will just give mine more time because it will be a major operation for me to remove the rock which is near the bottom.