Bubble Coral not opening up all the way??

I just had my water tested at LFS cause I thought I might be reading mine wrong but except for my Calcium being a fraction low they say its fine but my Bubble Coral isnt opening up as much as it did before anyone have any ideas??

alianated

My bubbles (All of them) took about 72 hours to completely open up. (So if its newer, that could be it.)
I also once found that my bubble was less than fully open and it concerned me, it turned out one of my powerheads had lost suction on one corner and had moved just a dab enough to hit the bubble with a little more indirect flow than usual. They really dont seem to like current.
Last of all, feed him. My bubbles always look amamzingly large the day after a feeding.
Hope this helps,
Ian

blueberryboomer

Ours does it on occ to. Not to often though, as post above when we feed ours he looks awesome the next day. We feed our silversides a couple times a week. Lisa

I feed it DT's & Silversides & Mysis but the silversides dont seem to stick to well on him I hope its not starving. Thanks for the quick replys ;)

My bubble does that too, one day it will be very full then the next it will have spaces where there are no bubbles. It just seems like thats what they do. I wouldn't worry.

kris walker

Have you tried feeding at night when the bubbles turn to sweeper tenacles? If you feed at night, then you shouldn't have those day problems with lack of adhesive between the bubbles or spaces between bubbles that are too wide.
sam

Silversides fed at night when only attinics are on works good for us, they shrink down and mouth becomes visable, have tried crab meat, sguid, and all it does is spit it out, the only thing ours keeps down is the silversides, and the next day he is hudge....fixit ;) also wanted to add ours is the fullest with all of our lighting on all 784 watts, when I have just the pcs on he is only half his size, when MH kicks on he blossoms fully....fixit
[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: fixitdude2001 ]