Bubble coral

bigarn

yep ... silversides are good. If the bubble is small I'd cut the silverside in half though.

alyssia

Originally Posted by Akhuneteru
What is a silverside? A fish? Sorry, I am new to saltwater.

Yes, it is a fish.

rujelus22

I feed mine once a week or so, anything meaty will work I use a food I make it has brine, mysis, formula 2, and whole raw shrimp. Works great

alyssia

I've found that I have to feed mine every other day. He was looking pretty crappy for awhile, I started feeding him more often and now he looks great.

maxalmon

I just got a bubble coral yesterday, and I just fed him half a silverside, pretty interesting to watch. Poor thing must have been starving as he swallowed him in about 3 minutes.

anonome

Originally Posted by Akhuneteru
What is a silverside? A fish? Sorry, I am new to saltwater.
Silversides are minnow type fish. You can buy them at petstores in the frozen food section. You can feed them to any aggressive fish or coral. Just break off a piece, thaw and feed.

monalisa

Wow, that's really good to know. I feed my coral banded shrimp, brittle star, and various crabs prime reef 1-2 x per week. Would that do as well for my corals? I've seen my mushrooms fold in sometimes after the Prime Reef goes in...they must have been enjoying their feast, huh? I also try to spot feed the corals with that meaty stuff. I have been supplementing my corals with DT's phytoplankton...pee ewe, but they seem to like it.
Always learning...
Lisa :happyfish