Bubble Coral

bigg

I would love to know some of the techniques for feeding bubble corals, If anyone has pictures that would be great

anonome

No real science really. When I feed the tank frozen mysis I try to put some so that it will get it. You will know when it does by its folding up on the food. I don't have a picture but that is the best discription I can think of. Kind of vague I know, but they really like mysis shrimp. Mine is up high in the rocks so aiming the food in its direction is pretty easy. Hope this helps.

sula

You can also look for sweeper tentacles after your lights go out. My bubble looks like a completely different coral after dark. Just squirt some mysis into those sweepers and they will gobble it right up!

bigg

Is there any better time to feed my corals? As of now I am feeding them when I get home at night. The tank lights go on at noon and off at ten feeding time is about seven.

anonome

Just try to be consistent. Corals will adapt to when feeding time is. At least mine are. I also will feed DT's when the lights are out for my chilli, and other non photosynthetic corals.

nano reefer

Krill + Tongs + patince + long pointy object = success. get the krill in the tongs and hold it on the coral until it has securely grasped it. then using the long skinny object, fend off any fish or shrimp attempting to steal it.