bubble coral

shobby

Just wondering, will a bubble coral regrow its bubbles? Have one, first week or so, came out great, then one day noticed o
nly half of the bubbles came out, now, only one bubble. What could be wrong? Later read that angels may pick at them, is this true? I have a pygmy angel, but never seen it around the coral. Will it regrow if placed else where?
Shelley

meowzer

It really depends on what is wrong with the coral...is it lighting? water quality? could be a number of things
I had a bubble that looked like this

AND NOW...Looks like this and had a baby too

shobby

He looks similar to the top one now, but without the little bubbles around it. He was doing great but was touching the glass, and that is where the bubbles were missing, looked a little stressed, so I moved him over about an inch, but he just kept going downhill. All of my other coral looks great, thriving, regrowing except for him. It is a 55 gal, with two sets of t5's, he is at the bottom on the sand bed in the middle of the aquarium and I have one water mover but in a back corner. After the fact I read up on it and that is when I found out that angels will pick at them.

meowzer

So it has NO bubbles at all??? Can you post a picture?
in one of those pics you can see my coral beauty angel...I also have a flame angel.....they do not mess with my corals.....
I do believe a pygmy is also a dwarf.....I think the dwarfs "MAY" pick at things....but are the safer angels to have in a reef tank
ONE BIG THING I was told....do not mess with it....leave your hands off....LOL....also...make sure it has a mild flow....you do not want the bubbles being blown over, BUT you want it so you can see a slight movement

shobby

Alright took a couple of pics, he does look alive at night, but here nothing. Also have pics of the whole aquarium. As. you can see, some are over taking it

shobby

You can see a little of it in the first pic on the left, it has to hit the glass and bounce off to get there. He was all the way on the right but since he looked so bad I moved him to the middle this morning, away from all other forms of life.

meowzer

HMMM...You might want to get another one....a Koralia and put it on the left or right side of the tank to flow across.....not saying that is gonna help the bubble, BUT I think you need more flow

shobby

So I need to blow it across the tank? In the front, just didn't want it to be to visible but I wanted more water flow.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobby http:///t/387424/bubble-coral#post_3408941
So I need to blow it across the tank? In the front, just didn't want it to be to visible but I wanted more water flow.
I would definitely add more flow to your tank....what size tank is it? and what type of powerhead is the one you already have?

shobby

I have a 55 gal, and not sure of the size of the powerhead. Had a larger one and it blew so much water that the crabs would not come out nor could the fish swim. The coral would not come out either so I downgraded to a smaller one. It a a black one which has a magnet hook to clip to the aquarium. Also, the top has good movement from the water flowing back into the tank.

meowzer

OK...I can see it in the last pic...kinda looks like a Koralia...is it????
LOL...I had 3 PH's in a 29G....flow is very important....Do you know what your other PH is? DO you still have it? Take a picture of it......you can position it on the left (or right) side of tank.....2/3 way up....and it should push water across nicely...too low YEAH you move sand...IMO with powerheads it is all in the positioning

I would also consider moving the center one up towards the top...and angling it at an angle pointing downward towards the front glass
KINDA like this

shobby

I believe it is, actually have two of the bigger ones, real big, like I said, it moves so much that the musrooms wouldn't even come out, and the tree coral as blowing all over.

shobby

So take the small one and put it in the middle back, and the larger one to the one side facing upwards.

shobby

The other two say 1280gph or something like that. Moved the little one now, and will put big one in ina sec.

meowzer

YOU KNOW.....yo ucould place the larger one in the center...and let the force bounce off the glass hmmm......you may have to try a few different positions and just see how they do
The Koralis in the ctr of my tank is the evolution 1400....placed lower and angled differently it would be blowing sand all over

shobby

Put the big one in at the side facing up, but did not leave it there, looked lke it was going to blow the ricordea off the rock on the other side of the aquarium. Anemone was not happy either, so I placed the big one back where the other one was and it is now blowing toward the front and getting better flow. To give you an idea of its size though, almost goes 1/2 way across the 55 from back to front. The trees shriveled up will they adjust to the flow?
Shelley