Bubble tip anemone

huey

New to the hobby about 3 months ago, got a bubble tip 5 days ago and it goes inside the rock where you can barely see it for a couple hours,then comes out and looks great...is this normal???

retired

Mine doesn't go in every day, but it will every few days go into a sort of ball and then come back out . I've had mine for about six months.

nordy

While anenomes are known to move around in a tank before they settle down, they should eventually find a place that suits them. Is it still moving around? I have had a few and while mine did move around, they settled down within a day or two and didn't move.
While others may be able to comment on the specific behavior of moving in and out of the rock, it doesn't seem quite right to me, based on what my anenomes have done. Hopefully yours will settle down soon! A couple of questions if it doesn't settle down: what type of lighting do you have, how much flow, and how is your water quality? Anenomes are known for needing excellent water quality in an established tank.

invertcrazy

Originally Posted by huey
http:///forum/post/2743351
New to the hobby about 3 months ago, got a bubble tip 5 days ago and it goes inside the rock where you can barely see it for a couple hours,then comes out and looks great...is this normal???
It may be just flushing out its system. Anemones deflate to expel the water from inside, then a couple hours later inflate back up. Depending on how much they are fed, they could deflate once a day or once every couple days.
As long as it's not roaming all over the tank, it should be ok.