bubble tip that never bubble tips

addicted2

okay...question....I bought a bubble tip anemone here at SWF.com a good 10-11 months ago. The anemone itself has pretty much doubled in size...kept almost the same green colour and eats vigorously when I feed it...(it took almost 8 months) BUT my clown has finally found his "home" and loves it's "pillowy" comfort. Now, for the question..I have never once seen it show any kind of "bubble tipping"...is there a reason for this? here is a pic.

perfectdark

Nope no reason, some do some dont. There is no scientific explanation for it, some believe that they bubble as a sign of defense. I partially agree with that statment but there is nothing wrong with one that does or does not.

addicted2

I guess that's okay then...I was just wondering...I like that bubble affect tho'...but hey! it doesn't really matter... I am just glad my clown found it...That is probably one of the biggest reasons I started wanting a saltwater tank in the first place...I love the clown/anemone relationship...

and just a side note...
but, I work nights so when I see how much my clown loves the pillowy softness....it reminds me of my own appreciation of my pillow about 10 am. talk about comfort...sheeesh.