bugs

tiffbritty

i have been looking at my fish tank at night with a red light almost evry night its amazing what comes out at night. well anyways i see alot of these bugs but don't what the are some are long about 1/4 inch others are look like a flea. are these bad or a sign my take is doing well? also i have these dark brown smooth worms with lighter bands of brown around its body.any idea what these are ? everything only comes out when the lights are out. thanks for any help.:)

brinkdrum

I have both the things you are talking about in my tank as well. The small bug like things are most likely copepods. They are eaten by mandarins and a couple other types of small fish. (Don't get a mandarin i'm just telling you want eats them) The copepods are harmless and you have no need to worry. That worm like creature in you tank i do not have a name for. I've had mine since i've had my LR for about 2 years now, hasn't been a problem. Anyone have any idea what it is called?

tiffbritty

thanks for the replay i would like to know what kind of worm it is too. is their a site i can see pictures of the bugs i have and worms to find out more info?

jtroutine

look anything like this if so they are pods...good thing and that is what feeds madrin have,, large establishment of these little buggers is needed to actually support a madrin. I think you can actually buy pods online I will have to check that out

shels

I have them, and my tank has been up for 3 years with no major problems. I would like to know what the worm thing is. I have bristle worms im my overflows.

tiffbritty

yes jtroutine that is what they look like.thanks for the pic. dose anyone have a pic of a peanut worm .so i can tell if that is what kind of worms i have.:)