building my own sump/fuge, need help

tierodking

I am thinking of building my own sump, I have had 2 already and I guess they both were not big enough because bubbles would return to my tank. you could not see the bubble if you are more than 3 ft away, but if you are close up, nose to the glass, you see thousands of bubbles....is that normal????
So I am thinking of building my own sump, big enopugh and w/ enough baffles so there won't be any bubble return to my tank. I'm not trying to make a science project or spend weeks making it, I just want it to be funcional and NOT REETURN ANY BUBBLES TO MY TANK!!!
Can anybody give me info or diagram on building a sump?
thanks

trainfever

Make the last baffle higher than your water level and with holes in it and put a large filter sponge against the hole. Bubbles will not flow through the sponge. They will get trapped and work their way to the top and not pass the baffle.

tierodking

Is it better to put the fuge at the beginning of the sump or at the end right before the water gets pumped back into the tank?

trainfever

It's best to put the fuge at the beginning because the protein skimmer will take out all the nutrients that your macro/fuge needs.