Bulk Head leaking

pb here

Well, I started filling up the 75 last night. I poured a little water straight into the overflow area and waited over an hour to see if everything was okay. Nothing. I kept checking as I was pumping water into the tank. I probably put around 50 gallons of water in the tank last night. When I woke up this morning, there was a drop of water, about the size of quarter in the sump. Looks like the bulk head from the larger(drain) hole is the one leaking.
IS this going to be a problem?
This is the first drilled tank I have owned. So let's say I can't get to the bulkhead and I have this slow leak, even if there is a power outage, only the water in the overflow area will be able to drain down to the sump right? So as long as I keep my sump level low enough to handle the volume of water that could make it down from there I would be okay right?

broomer5

A leaking fitting in this hobby can do one of three things.
1) Stop leaking
2) Stay the same
3) Get worse
Number 3 is what I find to be the most common.
I'd suggest fixing a leaking bulkhead fitting before you proceed to fill this tank.
Adding substrate and live rock may cause this leak to become much worse.
Although I'm sure you could work around having a leak - It would bug me too much have a leak on a "new" set up.
Having a small leak on a fitting in your sump or external piping is one thing, but allowing a leak to persist on the tank itself is asking for future headaches.
I'd fix it.