Bushisms

wangotango

There was a list of "bushisms" in my paper yesterday. Thought they were pretty funny (all things Bush actually said):
-"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." >Sept, 2000
-"Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning." >Jan, 2000
-"They misunderestimated the compassion of our country. I think they misunderestimated the will and determination of the commander in chief too." Sept 26, 2001
-"It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber." >April 10, 2002
-"I want to thank the dozens of welfare-to-work stories, the actual examples
of people who made the firm and solemn commitment to work hard to embetter themselves." >April 18, 2002
-"There's an old saying in Tennessee- I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee- that says, fool me once, shame on- shame on you. Fool me- you can't get fooled again." >Sept 17, 2002.
-"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." >August 5, 2004
-"We look forward to hearing your vision, so we can more better do our job." >September 20, 2005
-"I can't wait to join you in the joy of welcoming neighbors back into neighborhoods, and small businesses up and running, and cutting those ribbons that somebody is creating new jobs." >September 5, 2005
-"It was not always a given that the United States and America would have a close relationship. After all, 60 years we were at war 60 years ago we were at war." >June 29, 2006
-"These are big achievements for this country, and the people of Bulgaria ought to be proud of the achievements that they have achieved." >June 11, 2007
-"Mr. Prime Minister, thank you for your introduction. Thank you for eing such a fine host for the OPEC summit." >September, 2007 (he meant APEC)
-"Thank you, your holiness. Awesome speech." April 16, 2008
-"The fact that they purchased the machine meant somebody had to make the machine. And when somebody makes a machine, it means there's jobs at the machine-making place." >May 27, 2008
-Justin

wangotango

More...
-"I remember meeting a mother of a child who was abducted by the North Koreans right here in the Oval Office." >June 26, 2008
-"The people of Louisiana must know that all across our country there's a lot of prayer- prayer for those lives have been turned upside down. And I'm one of them. It's good to come down here." >September 3, 2008
-"This thaw- took a while to thaw, it's going to take a while to unthaw." > October 20, 2008
-Justin

sickboy

I love Bushisms! He can be such an idiot sometimes. I think he just gets flustered in front of people and says dumb stuff.

kjr_trig

Right back at you with some Obamaisms

"I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis." --speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008
"Let me introduce to you the next President -- the next Vice President of the United States of America, Joe Biden." --slipping up while introducing Joe Biden at their first joint campaign rally, Springfield, Illinois, Aug. 23, 2008
"Just this past week, we passed out of the out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon." --referring to a committee he is not on, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008
"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change." --Amman, Jordan, July 22, 2008
"How's it going, Sunshine?" --campaigning in Sunrise, Florida
"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."
"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon
"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" --after being asked a foreign policy question by a reporter while visiting a diner in Pennsylvania
"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." --explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters
"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, you know, there's a reaction that's been bred in our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."
"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions." --exasperated by reporters after a news conference
"You're likeable enough, Hillary." --during a Democratic debate
"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

reefraff

The whole Bushisms things are funny but they are so well known because the media tries to paint Bush as someone who isn't too smart. They tried the same thing with Reagan.
There aren't many politicians who wouldn't have a long list of ism's attached to their names if the same effort was put in to it.
Sorta odd how now that one of the Kennedy mutts want to be appointed Senator from New York that suddenly experience isn't that important again. Anyone who got campaign donation through Jack Ambramoff was a croock but not those who got them from Tony Rezko. A Republican who pleads guilty to a disturbing the piece charge instead of fighting a charge of looking for nookie in the men's room is huge news but a Democrat caught on tape taking a huge bribe and most of the money being recovered from his freezer is burried if covered at all.