Buying a tank

karajay

Glass? Acrylic?
Tenecor has beautiful acrylic tanks. Lotsa neat shapes. I go there to dream sometimes. ;)

lesleybird

You usually cannot purchase large glass tanks on the innernet as they do not ship well. You can shop the different manufacturers of tanks sites and they will usually direct you to a dealer in your area. The manufacturers sites will give you the dimentions and the gallons that they make. I had my local fish store special order the Oceanic 90 gallon in pre-drilled reef ready. Most stores will special order sizes that they do not have in stock. Go to google.com and type in aquariums. Lesley

moonrs

Just a thought: Have you thought about looking in the classifieds in you local newspaper? For example, I recently saw a 120 gallon tank and wooden stand for sale because some guy was moving for $350 obo! If I'd had the money at the time, I'd have jumped all over it. There's deals in there all the time. Obviously, you don't have the guarantee that comes with the tank, but you're also more likely to get accessories included with the tank (usually for little more $). You'd still save some money. Good luck with whatever you pick.

kelkoolaid

I needed bigger and cheap, found a 75 ga oceanic stand, hood, glass tank lights... everything i neededto start SW, on ----. drove 3 hr to pick it up. sweet deal $455. well over 1500 worth of equipment if I bought it all separate new.

calvindo

yep... you can find lots of stuff on ----. do a search on the site first, before going to a lfs to buy stuff.