Buying Help

troublemkr

Okay, so first I am thinking about taking out my CC and puting in LS and LR. So here are my questions:
1) With LS...it is on sale here, 40lbs Natures Ocean Live Sand....good stuff???? Do all i need to do is put in just live sand, or mix the LS with other play sand? I dont get it.
2) 20-25 lbs LR, Aguacultered...is this a good thing, bad thing? What do i need to do with the LR?
3) The Rio Powerhead 1400, 375 gph just to get the current moving.....good idea?
4) The reef packages for sale....I cant decide what I want to evenutally get...i have a 44G corner tank... should I do the 20-55G package, the 30-90G package or the Big 20 +1 package. All this is so confusing, even with all the dang research I have done!
Answers dont need to be long and detailed, just a quick help lesson i suppose. And thanks for all the help!!!

moprint

ok help us help you. how long has your tank been setup? do you have any livestock in it? if no livestock what do what do you want to have in the tank as far as fish? if the tank is new take out the CC and put the sand and live rock in. as far as the rock goes I would get the figi live rock it is not as dense and will look better then the aquacultured rock. powerheads I would say two smaller ones then one big one, depending on if you any filters, skimmers, or an overflow for a refugium, or any other type of stuff that will make water movement. I would start out with the big 20 clean up package just my opion and then add to over time to get the right size. good luck and ask ?s if not sure.

I

ivanfj

1) With LS...it is on sale here, 40lbs Natures Ocean Live Sand....good stuff???? Do all i need to do is put in just live sand, or mix the LS with other play sand? I dont get it.
I would personally mix sand and put the live sand on top of the play sand. You may need a little more than 40lb IMO.
2) 20-25 lbs LR, Aguacultered...is this a good thing, bad thing? What do i need to do with the LR?
Get more if possible. Start with 1lb per gallon and go from there.
3) The Rio Powerhead 1400, 375 gph just to get the current moving.....good idea?
Rio~~~ I heard one case that it burns in the tank. I would go with maxijet powerheads, never had a problem.