Buying Live Rock

lefty

My LFS doesn't have LR, so I'll end up buying it online. Is there any place online that would allow me to buy LR by the pound? I would buy it from this site, but I'd have to buy 25 pounds at once and I can't really afford that at the moment. It'd be much more convenient if I could just buy a few pounds here or there, even if it does end up costing me a bit more. Thanks in advance!
-lefty

sula

Most sites seem to sell in bigger quantities, probably because the shipping alone will kill ya. You could either try the classifieds on this site, sometimes people want to get rid of some rock....or, there's always "that popular auction site"

lion_crazz

If this is for a new tank, I would honestly wait until you have the money to get the 25 lbs. because it will benefit you greatly to add the 25 all at once if you just set-up your tank.

sandiegan

Hey lefty, there's a great site, I'd tell you, but we can't post other sites on here, remember? so just think, it'll start with www.
and then....you're looking for "liverocks" right? and then just add the .com at the end. :thinking:
Place has good reviews from another forum that I look at, and just email the people asking for so many # of this type rock. Hope this helps
-SD

amistad

also lefty I don't want to post any links here either but OVER the time in the NIGHT a FISH might dot com you.:scared:

sandiegan

amistad....about your suggested place...
have you ordered from them before? They have like...no information that I could find on their site about their LR/sand. personally I'd like some reviews about a site before I purchase from them...I need to order my LR too.

dory36

Our lfs recently quoted us $350.00 for 50# of lr. Umm, sorry, no thanks. One of our friends recommended a sight online he's used many times in the past and we found an awesome deal. I got 30# for $99! My shipping added $35 to that. I placed my order Monday morning and I had my rocks Tuesday afternoon. The site said the rocks would be 5-12' long and I got one rock that's about the length of my knee down to my ankle. When my husband saw that he had me order another 30#. These are the coolest rocks I've ever seen! If anyone wants to know the site, please post your email and I'll send it on.
:D