Buying Music Online

yacobito

Does anyone have much knowledge of how buying mp3's online works? Are there services that you can buy songs and then burn as many copies as you want? I think Napster has something like this, but I am not sure. Anyway, if anyone has an experience with this could you help me out?

robchuck

I-Tunes is set up to do that. You can purchase individual songs for 99 cents or whole albums for $10 or so. I-Tunes stores them in a library for you and allows you to burn CDs of the music in your library.

snailheave

there's something about napster's services you should know about before you make your decision. the agreement a subscriber has with napster is that you get to download unlimited music with a flat fee. however, there's something they don't tell you. you lose the bajillion songs you have the moment you stop the subscription. very sneaky yes. nice hobbitses.

elfdoctors

I use Napster but I don't pay for the subscription service. I buy individual songs for 99 cents and have a permanent license for those songs. I believe that I am allowed to download them to up to 3 different computers and burn them to CD's up to 5 times.

yacobito

How do they know how many times you have burnt the song to a CD? Is it encrypted in the MP3 to not let you burn more than 5 times or is it just an honor system thing?

tangman99

I rip my own CD's right now. I have not bought anything because I'm still trying figure out which iPod I want. I'm looking at the 60GB Photo so I can listen to tunes when I'm riding my Sportbike.

joker_ca

Originally Posted by TangMan99
I'm looking at the 60GB Photo so I can listen to tunes when I'm riding my Sportbike.
Just to let u know your ipod will not like all that bouncing around on your bike, micro drive's like the ipod tend to break faster when you use them for any kind of exercise, flash drives are better for what you want but the draw back is that they dont hold that much music, i would suggest you go get a exteneded warranty if you get a micro drive mp3 player like a ipod also the harddrives can fail, and the ear phone jack break alot. this is across the board all the players have the same problems

tangman99

Originally Posted by joker_ca
Just to let u know your ipod will not like all that bouncing around on your bike, micro drive's like the ipod tend to break faster when you use them for any kind of exercise, flash drives are better for what you want but the draw back is that they dont hold that much music, i would suggest you go get a exteneded warranty if you get a micro drive mp3 player like a ipod also the harddrives can fail, and the ear phone jack break alot. this is across the board all the players have the same problems
I wondered about that. I have a couple of friends that use the iPod minis with their bikes and have for awhile though. I could see running being a big problem but my sportbike rides pretty smooth. It does give with the road, but nothing of a real shock.

snailheave

you are too busy stealing to get a job. get off society's back, get off your ass and collect your food stamps.

masala4080

lol.. man. That was harsh. I have iTunes and it rocks. Not only can you listen to music but you can buy music, listen to internet radio stations, create your own playlists, as well as burn cds and a crap load more. Definitly check it out.

joker_ca

i agree itunes is nice but it only works with ipod's and nothing eles and you cant use ipod's with anyother music service which sucks
i think i'll start buying music online when the artist whole music collection is available on the online music servieces, until then i'll just DL certain songs and rip my freinds cd's