buying RO water from store. I have questions

krazekajin

I just saw a place that sells RO water for $.39 a gallon. Is this a good price. I live in Toledo, OH. Also if I get those 5 gallon culligan water bottles and fill it up with this RO water, how long can RO water last being stored. I am not talking about mixed RO and salt water. I am just talking about plain ole RO water. I am thinking about buying 10 gallons at a time to use when I replace my evaporated water in my 10 and 29 gallon tanks.

ryanhayes9

it would probably last.... i dont know how it could "un reverse osmosis itself.... as for the price, it is good. same as i have in florida. i have a 10 and 29 gallon too!

irondog

I'm in New Jersey one lfs wants .50 gallon another wants 1.00 another wants .85,I have a 46 gallon bow i buy 20 gallons at a time every 10 days a do a 10 gallon water change whatever water is lefted over i use to top off

cdnreef

I Bought My R/o Filter Off Of E-bay
Paid 50.00usd & It Dose Up To 100gpd
Deffently Worth Looking At

S

sinner's girl

I pay .33 at walmart, a stand down the service road has it for .30, but it takes cash, and well, I'm at walmart way, way too much anyway.
I've kept it for awhile without a problem, 10 at a time is fine. I buy 12-15 sometimes.

maeistero

walmart and some other companies are notoriously inaccurate in their quality. some places are awesome and i've never heard of fault with culligan, but just to say watch out. ro/di's are dirt cheap when you play it out over a year.

S

sinner's girl

it's culligan at walmart. I test the ro water, and check the date on the mechine at walmart. so far, knock on wood, I haven't had a problem. No room for ro unit...

krazekajin

I want an RO machine. but my tanks are at my office ( I am a youth pastor at the First Apostlic Church in Toledo, OH) I don't really have a place that I can hook up an RO device, but I can store water. So for right now I am going to buy it
Can I take fresh RO water and test it for nitrates and Phosphates using my standard saltwater test kits.

maeistero

your test kits will work. my warning about walmart water doesn't pertain to culligan if they have it. some do and some don't.
i was speaking of the cheap gallons of water every wallyworld sells in milk jugs. i believe it's separated out into "drinking" "distilled" and "purified". that stuff isn't stable enough for our purposes. the culligan usually has a separate area near the doors around here and is serviced by culligan themselves. i've never tested it personally, but i know they insist on complete control. i've talked with the home depot waterguy and he said they are government mandated as these jugs go into hospital water coolers. (probably a few senators coolers as well)

mrchinky71

here in southern california, RO water from a water vendor is about 20/gallon and it taste so good =) but my water lasted only about a year, i don't think it un-RO's itself, but things such as bacteria sets in from air or maybe dust as the jugs aren't really air tight.