Calcium buffers

teog

I was told by a LFS that I should dose with "kent marine" tech cb calcium buffer everyday. Is this true?
And thanks for evryones help!

dburr

What is in your tank? I think I read in your past post this is a new tank, right? So you souldn't have any sps corels or clams or any thing that else demands calcium, correct? I would say hold off for now. What type of sand did you use? Aragonite base sand is a buffer- FYI. Good luck :D

botp2k1

Before you go out and put additives in your tank, ask yourself why you need it in the first place not why the marketing on the product says so. Why did the LFS suggest the Kent product? What are your parameters now?

teog

the reason they suggested it was because my ph was low. Im not sure the actual ph. But my ph test fine now. Should I stop using it?

andymi

Keep in mind your pH will fluctuate from morning to evening and should be between 8.0 and 8.4. If you are within this range you should be fine. Alkalinity is what gives you the pH buffer anyhow from what I know. Just do reading before you buy anything and do tests to check all your levels and make sure you check the levels well after adding your suppliment.
--Andy

H

happy hopper

if you wont to bring up your P/H gust put a table spoon of baking soda in 1 gall of water that you are adding to your tanks make up water cheep and easy
;)

H

happy hopper

if you wont to bring up your P/H gust put a table spoon of baking soda in 1 gall of water that you are adding to your tanks make up water cheep and easy
;)