Calcium Question

lizzy

I just got some mushrooms from a guy that i bought a light from and I didnt have a calcium test...so i bought one before i went to pick up the mushrooms. when i got home i tested the calcium and its at 540! is too much calcium bad or is it okay to go ahead and put in the coral..if not what should i do to get the calcium down? I just did a water change...other param's are good...just calcium. thanks!

lizzy

my PH is between 8.0 and 8.2 the color doesnt perfectly match with either....when i went to the fish store this morning to buy the cal test i bought what i thought was a alk test (it was behind the counter and they just got it and put it on the bill and into the bag) and when i got home i looked at it and its a PH test!! arg.. so i dont know what the alk is...i'm going to have to go back to the store on like monday to trade..

lizzy

Is it bad to add a coral with the cal that high? I need to get these shrooms into my tank...please help!

lizzy

what would i do to get the alk up? i dont know about that stuff yet...do i use buffer? (i'll get a test for it on monday...)