California Fires...Who else had a house burn?

reefforbrains

Summer is always hot and dry out here in the valley but this year with the dry lighting its CRAZY!!
Been away from the boards for a bit so forgive me if this is double threaded in another posting.
Seems as soon as I help one friend get defensible and evacuate, I get a phone call from another.
Saddest thing in the world is to do the mad dash run and try to save what you can. Bring a truck and scoop people's entire lives into a truck and then hope there is something to come home to when its over.
Seen many animals not make it over the last week. Huge stables and barns full of livestock gone in a flash. Breaks your heart. Dogs and cats get disoriented and cut off from the house and people hope they make it. You know that tomorrow when you come back after the fire has run its path what you will find and have to tell them.
Two families we know lost everything. Homes literally burnt to the ground along with all cars, boats and anything we couldnt move in time.
Who else is in the thick of it round here?
Or rather I should be asking- anyone else need help evacuating?? Everyone OK? Its a mess in Northern Cali right now.
I am just one guy but If anyone needs a hand moving something or livestock then please, PLEASE dont wait until the last second to pipe up.
-RFB

jennythebugg

im praying for yall too i had some friends lose their home a few years back...its devastating... i have the utmost respect for you rfb for offering to help complete strangers i wish there were more folks like you in this world

scotts

You all are having it tough now, really tough. Usually we have the fires down here in So Cal. I took a trip up there yesterday and the smoke is pretty bad. You get so tired of breathing that stuff.
BTW if you do need to help someone else move, remember to grab the pictures and videos first. Everything else is just material stuff that can be replaced.

demartini

I heard firefighters were battling around 1100 fires! The smoke is so bad here that my eyes have been really itchy and I've been sneezing like crazy.

I feel so bad for the people who have lost their homes =(

reefforbrains

I feel fortunate. I have been spending hours and hourse outside latley and have had no ill effects. Plenty of people especially the older folks are having a very difficult time with all the smoke.
It is smokey here in Sac valley but up around Chico and Paradise it is so bad that when your in rural areas your constantly looking over your shoulder. Fires are changing directions constantly.
Magalia is now in serious danger. There just are no real resources for folks up in the hills around there. All the fire brigades are spread so thin that unfortunatley they can only try and pick what to try and save and then watch everything else burn. The more densly populated areas are where the majority of the resources are focused.
Roads closed and homes burn to the foundation all over. Quite scary in places.

schnutzzy

My family all lives in Sonora. So far no problems but I guess they are getting alot of smoke. I have two nephews up there that are firefighters and they have been non stop since the fires began.