California surfer films great white sharks circling his board.... CREEPY!

crypt keeper

You can do it. Just go get a kayak and knock yourself out. who is to stop you? He isnt ona surf board thats clear as day in the film and would be moronic on his part. If I lived out there i would be all over it. I would be on a little bit bigger boat but I would do it.

hunt

ill tell you whats stopping me, The Michigan Boarder and many miles of land. But theres always the slim chance of seeing a bull shark in Lake michigan

socal57che

The headline could have easily read... "Idiot Surfer Eaten By Great White Sharks While Attempting To Film Them"

crypt keeper

the dude wasnt surfing. Id bet this guy saw the dude on shark week do the same thing in a yellow kayak and who even grabbed the dorsal fin of the shark. They are young sharks who are curious. Im not saying they wont take areal bite off your leg or butt, but they arent 15 -18 foot monsters.

socalnano24

Cool; I'm planning on going scuba diving in Laguna Beach (about 10 miles from here) on Saturday. I'll have to keep an eye out for extra company!

socalnano24

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3297898
the dude wasnt surfing. Id bet this guy saw the dude on shark week do the same thing in a yellow kayak and who even grabbed the dorsal fin of the shark. They are young sharks who are curious. Im not saying they wont take areal bite off your leg or butt, but they arent 15 -18 foot monsters.
It's a stand up paddle surf board.....

socal57che

A guy was killed by a shark at Carlsbad a while back while training for a triathlon. I think there was a thread here in the aquarium.

S

smartorl

Too much for me. I wonder if he knows the sand dollar engagement ring guy?

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by SocalNano24
http:///forum/post/3297901
It's a stand up paddle surf board.....
so dude is standing up paddling then sticks the camera 6 inches in the water while holding a paddle and a balancing himself. Yeah Im gonna go with No. Nobody is that dumb. he was in a kayak. plain and simple. You can see the nose of the kayak around 50 to 51 seconds. Its shaped just like a kayak and is about as thick as one.