Calling it Quits

B

blackburnd

I would like to say thank you to everyone how helped along the way here, but it's over for me for now.
I was underneath the tank cleaning out my filters and sump and what when all of a sudden the bottom of my tank busted out. I was immediately covered in glass, sand, and water. One of the LR fell into the sump and busted out the bottom of it, my carpet is a disaster. I managed to save a few snails, crabs, and my only fish a blue spot watchman. I honestly felt like crying.. I have a few cuts on my arms and legs from all the glass. Luckily none hit my face somehow. So all in all my tank is trashed.
I have decided to call it quits until I move into a house.
I will be putting some of my equipment up in the classifieds.
If there is anyone in the Dayton area who would like to adopt a few turbos, a few crabs, and a blue spot watchman please let me know. You can most easily contact me at blackburnd81 at hotmail dot com.
Thanks again everyone.

jdennysgir

Sorry about your loss also. That makes me sick right along with ya. Maybe you could look around and get a small used setup to start over with till you get in your house. What made the bottom fall out anyhow? Good luck to you.

rbaldino

Sorry to hear that. I have to wonder, though, how the bottom busted, and especially how things fell through into the sump. What sort of cabinet were you using? There should have been a fairly solid piece of wood on the underside of the tank...

marka1620

Do you know why it collapsed? What size and how much sand/rock did you have in it?
I have wondered about the wieght capacity of tanks......sorry for your misfortune.

aquaticaquaman

Wow that is terrible.. I've never heard of that actually happening. From now on while I'm under my tank doing work I'm going to be thinking about that.

B

blackburnd

Well I am not exactly sure what happened. I had about 60lbs of LS and about 55lbs of live rock. It was a glass tank. I think maybe a piece of rock fell or something.. I honestly have no clue. I took that little shelf piece of wood thing out of my stand, or I should say made it smaller. Thanks for all of everyones thoughtfullness. It has a been a rough day.

rbaldino

Originally Posted by BlackburnD
I took that little shelf piece of wood thing out of my stand, or I should say made it smaller.
That was probably a bad idea.

crazyaqua

Hmm thats weird i don't know about the shelf thing but its good that you weren't hurt. Good luck to you in the future.