Calling Texans: Interesting Theory regarding Global Warming

clown boy

Have any other Texans been noticing that the climate has been getting cooler and cooler down here? While I'm online reading people seriously worried about Global Warming, I'm seeing it get colder.
Theory: Currents are causing the heat from down here to go everywhere else, and the air from everywhere else is coming here.

bigarn

Hmmmm .. very well thought out theory ClownBoy.

I wouldn't go public with it yet though.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
Have any other Texans been noticing that the climate has been getting cooler and cooler down here? While I'm online reading people seriously worried about Global Warming, I'm seeing it get colder.
Theory: Currents are causing the heat from down here to go everywhere else, and the air from everywhere else is coming here.
I've said all year; If global warming is making it rain 77 days a year in North Texas and the summer heat to never make it over 100 degrees I'm gonna go cut some more trees down and burn em at every opportunity.

I for one am enjoying "climate" change.

jimmy 4

They call it global warming not texan warming. I live in minnesota and we have not had a good winter for about 7 years. 60 degrees in january is great, but id rather have tons of snow and a bitter cold climate just like the way it used to be.

happyvac

I would never use Texas for any climate-based study, you could go out to play in the snow in the morning and be in shorts by lunchtime.

notsonoob

I've lived in Florida for only 5 years. Each year it seems to get cooler.
The problem is that normal climate is a myth as it changes from year to year. There is no such thing as normal....average yes...but never normal.
But where does average come from...from really low...to really high and a sprinkling in between.

digitydash

I think it is a bunch of B.S if you ask me it snowed down by me in 1977 and hasn't come close till this year where it snowed in Daytona Beach which is still a 3 hr drive from me.Look at your record highs and lows in your state I bet their is alot colder and hotter temps then what your seeing.

apos

Regardless of what you think about the phenomenon in question, looking at single areas and random times isn't really relevant to the discussion. The actual claimed phenomenon doesn't suggest uniform warming across the globe, and warming isn't all there is to it (volatility is also a big part), and the phenomenon is claimed over the aggregate: not that every year will be uniformly warmer than the last.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Apos
Regardless of what you think about the phenomenon in question, looking at single areas and random times isn't really relevant to the discussion. The actual claimed phenomenon doesn't suggest uniform warming across the globe, and warming isn't all there is to it (volatility is also a big part), and the phenomenon is claimed over the aggregate: not that every year will be uniformly warmer than the last.
Agreed.
Unfortunately the global warming theorists don't follow your guidelines...

saltn00b

lol i cant believe you people still are crying that there is no such thing as climate change. the entire scientific community has agreed that there is climate change occurring and have moved on to how to stop and how to reverse it and lastly, what was the real circumstances that started it. you and the "save bush" regime (that has not yet jumped ship) are the only ones left. give it up.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by saltn00b
lol i cant believe you people still are crying that there is no such thing as climate change. the entire scientific community has agreed that there is climate change occurring and have moved on to how to stop and how to reverse it and lastly, what was the real circumstances that started it. you and the "save bush" regime (that has not yet jumped ship) are the only ones left. give it up.
Yipes, the entire scientific community? Man, someone better hurry and tell these 400+ prominent scientists that they missed the boat here when they talked to the US Senate for this report.
And certainly we need to pass the news along to the 1900+ scientists who signed the Global Warming Petition in the past 10 years...
Just to clarify, what flavor Kool Aid is that?

The issue is not "climate change". We all know that occurs. The issue is whether mankind has somehow managed to affect the natural warming and cooling cycle our ENTIRE SOLAR SYSTEM undergoes....

stdreb27

I believe in Global warming, there is no way with all the gas I had last night from some dang brocolli, there is not way I didn't contribute to greehouse and greenpants gasses.

clown boy

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Yipes, the entire scientific community? Man, someone better hurry and tell these 400+ prominent scientists that they missed the boat here when they talked to the US Senate for this report.

stdreb27

And certainly we need to pass the news along to the 1900+ scientists who signed the Global Warming Petition in the past 10 years...
Just to clarify, what flavor Kool Aid is that?

The issue is not "climate change". We all know that occurs. The issue is whether mankind has somehow managed to affect the natural warming and cooling cycle our ENTIRE SOLAR SYSTEM undergoes....
That is over 5 times as many scientists who actually wrote the UN report.

tarball

I live in central Texas & so far this winter, it seems no different then the rest. Temperatures are very mild in Texas until a Canadian cold front blows in from the northern states. At that times its cold until it passes, normally no longer then a week.
Afterwards, its back to mid 70s again until another front shows up.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Apos
That is funny, your argument shoots down most global warming "proofs." Polar bears trapped on melting ice picture, Glacier melting pictures. Ect.

saltn00b

if you read what i said, i agreed with you here. There is absolutely climate change, just arguments as to the origins of it. this thread in a nutshell is =
"texas is chilly this year so therefor global warming is bogus"
like i said, everyone agrees it exists , except aparently clownboy with his new hypothesis.
just to clarify why texas is getting cooler:
climate shift is causing all of the Earth's Ecosystems to shift away from the equator. As the tropical equator heats up and becomes a dead zone, the temperate zones become tropical and so on and so forth. Texas is a mostly desert ecosystem if i am not mistaken, and as the zones shift, so does the weather system bringing in moist air. if everything continues on it's current course, the Sahara will be a vast tropical rainforrest within a few decades (or couple hundred years, im not 100% on time frames).