camera question

socal57che

We own one. Are you familiar with the Elan? It may take some getting used to. The camera detects a focal point based on where your eyeball is pointed. It can be a little unnerving until you get used to it. It is awesome if you do a lot of landscapes and outdoor stuff as you don't have to half click the shutter release in order to hold the focal point while you recompose the shot. Just look where you want to focus and fire away.
Without lens I would only go as high as $100 because they are not in high demand. We loved ours, but don't use it anymore after going digital. Even the Hasselblad only gets used about once a year now.

socal57che

Just saw one on the big fat

[hr]
site with a buy it now price of $114. Says it's in "mint" condition which means "it's been dropped, but you can't tell by looking at it."

socal57che

Wow I didn't realize that bidding war related words were filtered. Now how will I refer to that awful place.

socal57che

Originally Posted by autofreak44
and also is there a way to turn off the eye point focusing thing and just use normal af?
Sorry it took so long to respond, we're moving. Started moving my base rock to the new tank today...what a chore.
Anyway, yes, you can turn it off.
If it doesn't come with a manual, you can download one from canon's website. I could never convince my wife to sell it.
She loves it.
Another cool feature is that you can program it to leave the feed strip during rewind. (in case you decide to build your own dark room)
Being an EOS all the AF and manual lenses for the EOS system will fit and Sigma lenses are available at a fraction of Canon prices. If you are looking to do tank shots a nice macro will be in order.

autofreak44

i was looking at some pics of it and on the mode selection dial there is no aperture priority or shutter priority. is there a way to use these or does this camera not have that function
and if you can talk her in to selling it i would be wayyy interested tell her its for a fellow reefer and aspiring photographer

autofreak44

well i am buying the one in the link for $118 at my doorstep so i guess you can stop bothering your wife... but i dont have any lenses for it so i am looking to buy some. if you have any canon stuff (flashes, lenses, batteries etc) lemme know

socal57che

Anyone in the profession hangs on to stuff like that. Pawn shops are always stocked with EOS lenses and flashes. Buy the vertical grip. Well worth the money saved in batteries and gives you another shutter release. A remote cord comes in handy, too.
We would like to find a used Phase1 digital back for her Hasselblad. 16MP is enough for us.