Camera question

pdmxb2000

ok how the heck does everyone take such good pictures. i get so frusterated with the pictures i take. any hints or tips on taking pictures? i have a pretty good camera, 10mp fuji. hellllllllllllp!

whisk

Originally Posted by Pdmxb2000
http:///forum/post/2807969
ok how the heck does everyone take such good pictures. i get so frusterated with the pictures i take. any hints or tips on taking pictures? i have a pretty good camera, 10mp fuji. hellllllllllllp!
Try using the aquarium lighting or soft room lighting and not using the flash. You also may have to set your white balance so the picture isnt too dark. For close ups try using the macro setting, it usually looks like a Flower icon on the digitial camera.

pdmxb2000

ya i usually do use the flower setting, but my pics dont look like they should i guess. everyones elses u can see the color of corals and such.

whisk

it may be having a hard time focusing on your subject. There might be some type of reflection on the glass of the tank the camera is focusing on. Your best bet is make the room dark except for the fish tank light. Also when you are about to take the shot, try holding down the shutter button halfway and the camera will focus in on your subject, then press it all the way down.

demartini

This is how I take all my pictures of corals...
* Turn off all the pumps
* use a tripod
* if you want to capture the true colors of your corals then use the auto white balancing setting.
* use the timer setting because you're most likely to shake the camera when you press the shutter button.
This is how I take pictures of fishies...
* use a high ISO... if you can't control the ISO, look for the action setting ( sometimes it has a little running man icon)
* if you can control your shutter speed use a faster speed.
Good luck with all your photography adventures =) hehe jk