Can 2 torch corals touch each other?

coral keeper

I have a Metallic Green Torch coral and a Torch coral. Can they touch each other? or will they sting each other?

N

nereef

they won't know the difference between itself and the other, so they won't sting. actually torch, hammer, frogspawn can all touch for this reason.

mx#28

Originally Posted by NEreef
they won't know the difference between itself and the other, so they won't sting. actually torch, hammer, frogspawn can all touch for this reason.

There are many exceptions to this ‘rule’. It is often said that all Euphyllia species can be placed together – and they sometimes can – but I’ve had a torch coral kill a hammer coral and a frogspawn in a matter of seconds. There are many other accounts of this, as well. I will say that you do have a much better chance of success with two of the same species, but it is my understanding that torch coral toxicity can vary based on its site of origin – and if one is significantly stronger than the other, it will be bad news for the underdog.

rbaldino

Originally Posted by MX#28
There are many exceptions to this ‘rule’. It is often said that all Euphyllia species can be placed together – and they sometimes can – but I’ve had a torch coral kill a hammer coral and a frogspawn in a matter of seconds. There are many other accounts of this, as well. I will say that you do have a much better chance of success with two of the same species, but it is my understanding that torch coral toxicity can vary based on its site of origin – and if one is significantly stronger than the other, it will be bad news for the underdog.
I agree. It's not always a sure thing.

tinmanny

I am pritty shure that they split that is what mine look like they do they get a big head then a new stem is there growing away from the origional
Good luck Manny