can a cleaner wrasse eat ich

anonome

They will, but only if the fish infected is willing to let it clean it. Not all fish are very liking to this idea. Also, most likely if you add one to the tank with known ick outbreak the stress of being added will lower its immunity and it will get it also.
Not all cleaner wrasses will adapt to normal aquarium food, and without accepting fish to clean will die.

kydizzle41

well i have a neon goby in my other tank and my fuzzy dwarf lion was in there at the time and he ate parasites him all the time. but right now i was thinking of getting a cleaner wrasse they have them at my lfs on sale but i wont be able to go in till friday i have some meds though should i medicate or hold out till then

sepulatian

Unlike neon gobies, cleaner wrasses need to eat parasites to be healthy long term. They will eat some frozen foods but they will not sustain him. Treat your fish. If you cannot set up a quarantine, or remove your rocks and inverts from your display, then get cleaner shrimp or another neon goby. With the cost of those though you can have a nice QT set up.

kydizzle41

i can remove my inverts and rock but i dont have a qt and cant set one up right now but will copper bother my snowflake eel

sepulatian

Originally Posted by kydizzle41
http:///forum/post/2797276
i can remove my inverts and rock but i dont have a qt and cant set one up right now but will copper bother my snowflake eel
Yes it will. If you can remove your inverts and rock then hypo the display.