can anyone help me?

dazed2040

So I moved my tank about a week and a half ago and I just cant seem to get rid of the cloudiness any tips or suggestions
I have put new carbon in it today I am hoping that helps also I am ordering a skimmer. I have done my water changes and all my parameters are good I am going to have my lfs test it also but that will have to wait till tomorrow.
Attachment 219443

spanko

Agree with all here, mechanical filtration with the media cleaned often, like daily. (I'm talking filter floss, pads here)

E

eric b 125

i doubt its a bacteria bloom. if you moved an already running tank, and the problem only surfaced after you moved the tank, then chances are it's just a sand storm. i agree that a HOB filter will do the trick. the only thing about moving a tank that was already established is that it can release detritus and nitrites causing a nitrate spike, but if all your parameters are okay, then i wouldnt sweat it. just get the water moving, and try not to disturb the sandbed for a while and it will clear up lickety-split.

spanko

If it is a bacterial bloom, and I am not convinced it is, runnig carbon will help. So run some, cannot hurt either way.

dazed2040

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2954353
If it is a bacterial bloom, and I am not convinced it is, runnig carbon will help. So run some, cannot hurt either way.
I just put in fresh carbon yesterday and I just got back from my LFS with a 100 gph HOB...Should I add my 50 gph also?

dazed2040

so still no clear up it's not getting better at all it is kinda has a green yellow tint to it now. I was wondering if it could be pollen from my pine trees because I mix my water on the carport and leave it out over night and the last water change I did I forgot to put the lid back on it....what makes me think it could be that is because the car has a green yellow tint to it. The pollen can get very bad some days depending on the wind. anyother suggestions on what can be happening? I did another water test today and the nitrites were a little elevated and so was the nitrates but I do my water changes every wednesday and its always a little elevated by now but its very slight.

meowzer

Do you use carbon? I had that problem and added some carbon...changing it every 2 days, and within a week it was clear...green tint is algae in your water..

dazed2040

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/2955753
Do you use carbon? I had that problem and added some carbon...changing it every 2 days, and within a week it was clear...green tint is algae in your water..
plenty of it...I put phosban in today and added some chaeto in to the sump do you think that will help at all or a little. changing the carbon every two days god thats going to get expensive
well you have to what you have to do.

meowzer

I stopped using carbon when I learned that it can contribute to HLLE in tangs, and my tangs had symptoms of that....So when I had this green water issue I put a small hob filter on my tank and ran carbon for a few days
have you tested your nitrates or your phosphates....I also used a phosphate pad.