Can Anyone ID These Anemones?

I've got two different types of hitch-hiker anemones that I am curious about. The first one has very long and stringy tentacles and does not have the typical base (foot) of an anemone. It pulls in pieces of crushed coral to its base for some reason. The second is one of three that I have of this type. They are about the size of a dime. Sometimes its tentacles are stringy and sometimes they look more like a BTA. I have fed them mysis before and they eat just like a BTA.

By the way. The anemone that I am referring to in the first picture is directly under the live rock (in the shadow). There is also a tiny BTA on the left of the rock.

I've had aiptasia. These are definately not like the aiptasia that I have had. The tentacles on an aiptasia are rigid and curvy. These are nothing like that. Plus they do not multiply and spread like aiptasia.

R

rattler739

try to get a better pic
try looking up club tipped anemones see if that is it (similar to BTAs, kind of)

curlsoc

I have a small rock full of the same thing in the second picture. Similar to an Orange Ball Anemone, but no orange balls. I think these might be related, and actually a corallimorph of a sort. Do yours have a short tube, like a tube worms?

shrimpi

Originally Posted by Curlsoc
I have a small rock full of the same thing in the second picture. Similar to an Orange Ball Anemone, but no orange balls. I think these might be related, and actually a corallimorph of a sort. Do yours have a short tube, like a tube worms?

Can you circle the item in the pic that you are referring to? Its kinda hard to tell what structure you are talking about.
and to "chattown clown" I think those anemones you have are tiny hitch hikers, that generally stay small. I had them on a decorator crab I had -that molted and was promptly eaten, -the anemones are still in my tank stuck to the glass and rocks. They do not look like aiptasia. Im not sure what the actual name is for them but they dont
multiply fast and they are harmless
.. if they are the same kind.
Like the one in this pic