Can anyone tell me about Red Blastos?

nina&noah

My LFS is selling them for $12 a polyp. I think they are beautiful and might buy a few. I can't find much info about them online. Can anyone help me out? What kind of light/flow do they like? Do they like to be target fed? Do they grow quickly? Any info would be appreciated.

T

tizzo

LPS that will adapt to just about any light. Yes they like to be target fed, and yes IMO they grow pretty quick, but you can't really tell at first. I bought one head, and 6 months later, I thought I still had one head, but then I noticed about 10 little baby heads being shaded by the one big one...
At about 9 months, all the little baby heads were visible.
I had mine in low flow, med/high light.
12 bucks a head is a pretty good price.

nina&noah

Originally Posted by Tizzo
http:///forum/post/3119706
LPS that will adapt to just about any light. Yes they like to be target fed, and yes IMO they grow pretty quick, but you can't really tell at first. I bought one head, and 6 months later, I thought I still had one head, but then I noticed about 10 little baby heads being shaded by the one big one...
At about 9 months, all the little baby heads were visible.
I had mine in low flow, med/high light.
12 bucks a head is a pretty good price.
What do you feed yours? My LFS said to feed mysis.
I went ahead and bought 2 heads. They are so pretty, I hope they do well.

aquaguy24

They are very slow growers so feeding mysis or cyclopeze should help but not needed. I don't feed mine anything and itsbdoing well. U can place them next to other corals like zoa with no problem. Very peacefull coral. I got my colony of 15 heads or so for $35. They sometime expensivebcuz they are slow growers and not often fragged.