can i add a ...........

royal gramma or yellow tailed damsel to my 16 gallon tank?
I already have
2 perc clowns
1 scooter blennie
3 peppermint shrimp
2 camel shrimp
1 emerald crab
some snails and crabs
tank cycled in 6 weeks, tank has had fish in it for 5 weeks. so all in all the tank is 11 weeks old

jerthunter

I suppose you could. But both of those fishes can tend to be aggressive. Also, although you didn't ask I thought I should mention that the scooter blenny probably isn't the best choice for a tank that size. It isn't about swimming room but it is about food supply. They tend to graze on small live inverts and in a small tank they tend to starve to death.
Also I would say you would be pretty close to your limit with fish.

the blennie will eat my snails,crabs, or shrimp?
also so can i get a yellow tail damsel and add him or will that be to much?

jerthunter

Originally Posted by MATTHRUSHFORD
the blennie will eat my snails,crabs, or shrimp?
also so can i get a yellow tail damsel and add him or will that be to much?
Oh no, smaller things. Pods. Copepods and Amphipods. Also small shrimp (not the kind you have.) The concern is they don't usually eat prepared food, and when they do they don't usually eat enough. You want a big enough tank and enough rock to give him a constant supply of live pods.
Also, I would personally stay away from a damsel in that size tank. They get really territorial as they grow.

debbie

I would say a small goby but don't add the yellowtail damsel. I love damsels but they really need a much bigger tank as they do get aggressive. A bi-color blenny you could also add if you don't like the gobies.

kclester

neon goby is about as small as they come check into one of those but i think the damsel is a bad choice for you.....try the neon goby but after that i would say thats about as much as you can handle in that tank

I would completly stay away from damsles. IMO They are more of a pest than anything...they bullied my clowns and my purple firefish! Once you realize what buttheads they are, it is almost impossible to catch them to get rid of them