Can I add corals with this lighting?

jess

I recently got 2 new blubs. I have 1 hood that hold 2 blubs. 1 is: Corallife Trichromatic 6500k/ Full spectrum, with earth trichromatic phosphors 40w. The other: Corallife Magtinic with reflector. With 420 Nanometers, 40W.
When I bought then I told the guy that I wanted to keep some very easy corals and get my coralline growing. So he told me to get these

bobber

I don't think you will be able to keep much under that lighting. Maybe some mushrooms or you could try a tubastrea as they require less intense lighting. --Bob

q

How deep is your tank. If it is less than 16 inches normal bulbs might work but if you want to do it right try VHO Bulbs. Remember water refracts light and the deeper you go the less that gets down there. Also how wide is your tank. Two bulbs probably wont be enough especially with normal flouresent lighting.

bobber

The mushrooms would be fine. They would add nice color to your tank. Keep up your water parameters. Stable water is a must! HTH--Bob

burnnspy

I dont recommend keeping any photosynthetic corals with Normal Output lighting, they will not thrive with minimal lighting conditions. Minimum reef lighting should be VHO.
BurnNSpy