can i cut a 1/4" acyrlic with a cordless circular saw ??

gsd

Should not be a problem......Don't know what kind of finish the edge wil have since y did not mention what kind of blade but its should still be suitable. Maybe leave a bit extra in size and dress it up with a file or sand paper to clean it up.

hot883

Originally Posted by Mega
is there any special saw blade i need ??
I do not think that a special blade is necessary, but if the saw runs to slow it will cut and then melt back together the cut.

aw2x3

You cannot use regular saw blades...you'll need one that is specifically meant for cutting plastics...
Something like THIS .
Search around for others, with a high number of teeth, as those in the link are quite expensive.

joncat24

you can cut it with a reg blade..just go slow and you will probably have to sand down the dges when u r done. it works....trust me I have done it...

phixer

When boring a hole in acrylic you can use a regular hole saw, if you are joining edges use a blade specificaly designed for cutting acrylic, one with a 0 degree rake angle (this means that the teeth are in line with each other with no offset) and a large number of teeth similar to a plywood blade. The reason for this is because a 0 degree blade with a large tooth count will minimize chipping and produce smoother edges desired for bonding. Go slow and use water to keep the material cool otherwise you risk crazing it.