Can I feed tang...

i feed my tangs roman lettuce they seem to really like it. and i get it front the super market just as it off before you u put it in the tank.

dischirm

Back in the 70's when I first started saltwater, and I had Tangs, we used to feed them spinach , so it will be fine, but you would want to rotate with nori.

N

nereef

the same grocery store that sells spinach will likely sell freeze-dried seaweed.

nina&noah

I've always heard that your should always feed organic. The conventional stuff has pestiside residue that could contaminate your aquarium. Has anyone else ever heard this?

tomatoclown

if you can get or spare some caulerpa out of your refuguim, that is the best thing for tangs and other herbivores fish to eat. Is your fish eating any other food right now?

N

nereef

Originally Posted by Herefshyfishy
http:///forum/post/2466669
So could i give them bagged baby spinach?
i guess my point was: why would you feed bagged spinach when you get can seaweed just as easily? some people do feed greens such as spinach.

ric maniac

There is no reason to feed them spinach, celary, lettuce, or anything that is not from the ocean. Truly no reason. I hate this subject because there is absolutely no nutritional benefit to any of these things. I would rather you feed them brine shrimp than grocery greens. Only things that are found in a fish's natural habitat should be fed, because in the long run they will be healthier.

notsonoob

Tangs are pigs.
They get enough algae swimming around your tank and pecking at your rocks.
That is all my yellow tang does all day long.
Calpera is great and they love it, plus it is very healthy for them.

michaeltx

feeding land based foods will actually hurt them in the long run they are not used to eating this type of food. do yourself and the tangs a natural seaweed sheet * nori* from either the healthfood or asian market or at the LFS.
feeding land based foods can cause digestive trac issues along with adding fatty deposits that can shorten a tangs life.
Mike