CAN I LIGHT A 20G w/just a mh pendant?

overanalyzer

most definetly - you can light it with a 10K light as some folks think that 10K's do not need any supplimental light. OPlus with a pendant you can raise or lower so as to not overwhelm your tank inhabitants with light.

jim27

Yeah it can definatly work. My 18g has been lit by a PFO 150w de mh pendent w/o any actinic for the past year. At first I used a 20k bulb(loved the color but growth was slow) but switched over to a 10k and the growth of my SPS really picked up.

jim27

Here's the pic. PFO mini pendent and tank.
I'm gonna be picking up some more lr soon so it wont be like this for too much longer.

Hi Jim how are the corals doing? If you need some lr lmk, I have some for $2 a lb, about 10 lbs or so. BTW tank is looking good.

jim27

Originally posted by amphiprion15
Hi Jim how are the corals doing? If you need some lr lmk, I have some for $2 a lb, about 10 lbs or so. BTW tank is looking good.

Hey Cal, the corals are all doing great. I guess it wasn't so bad that you sold the loripes after all, I love the mixed zoo rock. Hmmm 2 bucks a pound huh. I just picked up about 4lbs of OK shaped lr and added it today But can you post a pic or 2 of the stuff your selling? If it looks good I may just stick the new stuff I bought today into the refugium just for use as more bio filtration and put yours into that tank.

Sure Jim I'll get some pics up in the for sale forum for you to see, just check for the thread that I have which has lr for sale.

BTW any more pics of your tank Jim? And what is that pink sps near the middle left of the tank? Any frags available? Thanks.

jim27

Its a small acro colony I got a few weeks agoso I dont want to frag it till I see some noticable growth. Its tips have started to trun pink/purple.

jim27

No they didn't do too well. The consensus over at -- was that it was either the clam disease that was going around(they all died withindays of eachother) or stress from a small recycle my tank may have gone through when I upgraded from a 10 to my current tank.
After that I took a little break from clams but a month ago I bought this squamosa, they're my favorite kind of clams. Its been doing great so far.

jim27

Thanks Cal. That squamosa(about 3" i think) was $30. Maxima's about the same size are maybe $50. Gold max's same a squamosas. Croceas the same size are $40 to $60 depending on the colors.

Sounds like real good prices on clams over there. How much would small 1.5"-2" maximas, squamosas, and croceas cost, or do they carry them that small? If they're a fairly good price and you were still interested in the lr, the lr is yours free if you don't mind picking up a clam or two before you head this way and I can pay for those.