Can i lionfish die of over eating?

preditor

I just fed my red lion a big piece and some liler pieces of salad srimp and im wondering if It could die from it. I didnt mean to fed it that much, i was just trying to feed my orange toad fish and it sliped off of the probe. :( :(

lionfish

LionFish says.....
Yes, it can happen, however the chances are slim to nill. You aint got much to worry about as those suckers can take in a whole bunch of food. Although, by feeding so much you could cause some serious internal digestive problems. It isn't good to have a stomach ache but when it comes to lions it could be fatal. Keep an eye on him. I would hate to hear that he died. Does the lion look bad now? Is he showing signs of death like fading and breathing hard. Of course, it should be breathing hard for a little while as you stuffed it pretty good. Try to be more careful when feeding. I doubt it will die though. Just watch it and keep us posted.

preditor

Its stomach is a little puffed up and his color is preety dark. Hes staying preety close to the bottom but he seems ok, ill keep ya posted

goldfish

guess we are neighbors...I'm in Blue Ash. You into fine mens' clothing? My brother-in-law owns Blaines on Montgomery Road in old Montgomery. Right next door to Germanos.

goldfish

I do business with a guy named Nick who owns Wetpets out in the colerain area. He's off of cross county and colerain--up a few blocks or so. He is kind of a crusty old guy, but he REALLY knows his stuff! I have also been to Just about Fish at Harpers...they are very good as well. Do you remember that huge puffer they had named Bob?? Well, Bob is no longer with us...died about a month ago or so.

gnelson

A few years back a friend of mine was trying to get a eel to eat a gold fish that I fed my lion for treats. Well I was not paying attention and the lion must have ate 5 gold fish before the eel ever got close. For the rest of the day the thing floated upside down in the corner of the tank, breathing real heavy. The lion did however live, and I made sure that no one else fed him again. I think your will be okay.
Graham
There is a local pet store about 1/2 hour from my place. This guy has got a pair of lions, about 14" each in a 150 g tank. The things are amazing, he said he has had them over 10 years. Never once fed them gold fish. For treats they eat damsels.

preditor

Yea, I remember that puffer, he was huge!!!! They said that he was 18 years old, well anyways they got a golden puffer that is 500$!!!!!!!

goldfish

So they have a new one?? I was there about 2 weeks ago and there was nothing in the tank except the clown trigger. Can you believe he lasted for 18 years?? He was really cool though....the tank has a plaque on it in memory of him. It's a shame he didn't make it longer.

preditor

Yeah it is a shame, well there selling the the tank that bob was in but the puffer that im talking about is in one of the 200 gal, by the brine shrimp tanks :D :) :D :) :D

goldfish

Oh I did see him. I know which one you're talking about--HUGE! Dogface puffer right? In the back near the freshwater. Yea, he's a big one alright! I think they are selling him for something like $400.