can i mix shrimps/cleaners???or no?

C

cristiangarcia

Well i just wanted to know can i mix 2 of the same ..for example cleaner shrimps? or are there certain ones that cant be put together! I was just curious..I always liked that shrimp that has those long arms and big claws ..looks cool, but wasn't sure if he'd get along with a regular cleaner shrimp i have!! thanx for any info given!!

jimvette1

Originally Posted by fishfreak1242
http:///forum/post/2844253
I'm pretty sure that if you want to mix 2 cleaners they have to be a mated pair, but I could be wrong.

I believe you are thinking of Coral Branded Shrimp. They must be a mated pair, not cleaner shrimp, they can be grouped together.
Enjoy them. They love cleaning your hand when you stick it in the tank, cool huh?

groupergenius

From my own experience....
I have 3 skunk cleaners in my 75...no problems. I have a true mated pair of Coral Bandeds in my 90...no problems. Personally, I wouldn't risk putting them together, but some have with favorable results in a LARGE tank.
My favorite LFS keeps both Skunk Cleaners and Blood shrimps in their lagoon tank with apparantley no problems. Lots of them together.

bgbdwlf2500

i had a fire shrimp and cleaner shrimp in a 55. i added a coral banded (the one with long arms) and he was ok. shortly after i upgraded to a 120 and a few days later the coral banded was dead. i assume the cleaner killed him. they went at it a little in the 55.