Can I modify my RO/DI unit?

ray j neal

Not can I, I already have. I used a barbed fitting and added 15ft of 3/8" hose (same size as original) to the center of the water inlet feed from the faucet. I also added 15 feet of same diameter hose to the waste water. I did this so I could leave the unit by my storage container and run the two lines to the bathroom. Will this change the pressure through the unit? Remember I did not change the inside diameter of the lines. Thanks.
-Ray

barracuda1

it will work, but there will be less pressure if it is only run on faucet pressure but I cant say for sure how many psi but it may be barely noticeable to significant

ray j neal

Originally Posted by Barracuda1
http:///forum/post/2785141
it will work, but there will be less pressure if it is only run on faucet pressure but I cant say for sure how many psi but it may be barely noticeable to significant

Pressure drop from faucet will be different or the same? You contradict yourself in the fact that faucet pressure will be less than cold water main pressure always. I figure pressure is pressure, wether it be 1 foot or 100 foot. The barbed fitting one foot before the ro/di unit acts as a venturi and will slightly increase pressure when going through a slight restriction. Anyway, back to the topic: by me adding 15 feet of line on the water faucet feed will this effect my ro/di unit operation?

actually the pressure between a faucet in your bathroom and hooking up to the actual water line (lets say where you hook up the washing machine) is different. I found this out when I hooked up mine, faucets do have limiters
I don't think adding line will change anything, but if you hook up to a water faucet in the kitchen or bathroom, I would hook it up with your wasther.