can I put more than 1 starfish in my tank

kennyu

I have a sand sifting starfish. I want to add a blue starfish. Is that possible? I do only have a 10 gallon tank.

chrismilano

Well....
10 gallons isnt a healty situation, but thats not the real problem. Be aware the the blue linkia starfish is the most delicate of all. It shouldnt be added unless your tank is at least 6 months old and must be drip-acclimated for a full 24 hours. If you properly acclimate it, it may survive, but the correct answer is that 10 gallons is too small for 2. What other fish are in there?
ps - be sure its a sand sifter because if its a choc. chip star it will eat your linkia.

ocellaris_keeper

10 gal is too small to keep the blue guy alive. You water parameters will change too much over a even 12 hours for your star to survive.

kennyu

I have 2 clowns, a rusty angel, a shrimp, hermits, snails, and quite a bit of live rock for a 10 gallon tank. I was thinking of adding a couple of cardinals. Could I add a bottom feeder as well, like a blennie

aquaman2

I agree you should only have 1 inch of fish per 5 gallons, so you should have no more than 2 inches of fish in that tank.

T

therock0861

No more fish for you. You are over stocked as we speak.