can i split them

bgbdwlf2500

these are the mushrooms i bought the other day..they seem very happy, how do i split them to separate them? the 2 expand a lot when the light comes on and it seems they would be happier apart.... should i split them?
what you cant see in the pic is that the one on the left is pushed up against the one on the right at almost the same height

spanko

You can. What you would do is to take a sharp blade, Xacto knife, razor blade, and cut them under the head at the base of the rock. Then you can super glue gel them to another rock or set them in a small container in the tank with some live rock rubble. They will attach in about a week. The spot you cut them from will grow a new one. It is called Fragging. A way to propagate coral to creat new ones.

bgbdwlf2500

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2635221
You can. What you would do is to take a sharp blade, Xacto knife, razor blade, and cut them under the head at the base of the rock. Then you can super glue gel them to another rock or set them in a small container in the tank with some live rock rubble. They will attach in about a week. The spot you cut them from will grow a new one. It is called Fragging. A way to propagate coral to creat new ones.
im new but not that new, i knew it was called fragging. guess i was asking more how to do it and should i? thanks for the help though. just cut as low as possible to the rock its attached to?

spanko

Yup that is all there is to it. You can also have it attach to a pc. of rock rubble by putting it on the rock and loosely wrapping a pc. of lace cloth around it for a week or so. When it does attach you can then put the rock with it on it anywhere you want to.

reefkprz

if you just want to seperate them a hammer and chisel/screwdriver will work for breaking the rock to seperate them. you camn frag them if you want but just breaking the rock may be easier.